Friday, August 24, 2018

Glow

A while back I had an Idea
I kept seeing the pictures of glowing driveways that looked like rivers of stars.  So gorgeous and finally I went searching for the pebbles that made the glow.  

I tried some rock in an aquarium shop that had a natural phosphorescence. While I love looking at them I quickly realized that it would be way way to expensive for those rocks to have been used.   With an amazon search I found the plastic pebbles I could buy them by the pound at a fairly reasonable price so I ordered a bag of blue.  I played with the pebbles for a bit and started popping them in jars and other votive holder. I set many around on shelves and scattered some on the floor for the cats to play with.  I noticed the glow when I walked in the dark house  and they made me smile.  I put little votives  near the light switches.  I set them in areas where they could mark tripping hazards.

 most I ended up giving as gifts. 




I ordered another bag this time in white.  This bag was a little disappointing 
the bag was ripped open and the pebbles were scattered all over the shipping box. But that is something else. 

I think I will make a YT tutorial on this.  I was surprised that I could catch the glow with my camera.


No comments: