Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Coming out of the funk

M'Agnes beautiful on a beautiful day
I have noticed that I am coming out of my funk.

I really think the catalyst was Aschenputtel.  With her adoption I seem to have let go of what I thought I had let go of.  Aschen was M'Agnes all over. Her purrsonality as well as her looks.   Letting her go was hard but I felt good. I was very careful on who got her too.

Aschen checking the merchandise
 I really think one of the ladies trying to adopt her was the one who dumped her as a young mom in the first place.   No, ma'am you said all the wrong things.  Especially on what you called her -which was the name in the note left on the box that held the kittens in front of the door.  Sweetie was not the name on the placard. So when you said you wanted to adopt "Sweetie" it was a dead give-away.

Aschen making sure the office is in order
I know that Aschen's adoption was a spur of the moment off chance as the Gentleman usually did not shop in my store.   He had just dropped in to get something for his dog Sophia.   Aschen was holding court on the counter.  He said all the right things.   He was ready with a vet and more than willing to go to HER vet.   References would be available.

New Daddy!
I was standing there in shock to be honest.   He was perfect.  My instincts said yes.  Aschen was all over him. So I let her go.  I get updates. He brings her in for pawdicures.  He bought her at least 5 towers. He takes her with him between 2 houses.  One having 3 floors and a wood stair that she gets to race up and down.  He found a picture of his other Siamese that his children grew up with.   I almost thought it was Aschen.   Her name is now Mia.
Yes we took this too to the new house.






Back to the funk issue.   I noticed that I was dealing with depression after the loss of M'Agnes and Lusitania.  I lost both of them too soon after Robber went to cancer.It was really hard to work on the calendars just taking pictures and looking at them was enough to crush me.   I have yet to go back to M'Agnes' beach. 
  

Lately I have been getting energy again.  I am taking pictures of more than sunsets.   I am starting to post pictures again.   I have been more upbeat.  I am starting to look forward to things again.   
So I really think it was the adoption of the last two rescues that has helped me.   
The grey kitten started the flow and Aschen broke the dam.






2 comments:

Mokihana said...

M'Agnes was such a lovely lady. I really appreciate your post and getting to see photos of her again. It sounds like Aschen/Mia went to a wonderful home, and I'm so happy for that.

Siouxz said...

She went to a wonderful home. I could not be happier for her.